A Gratitude Life

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Definitely Maybe

My first real, "out loud" laugh this week:

Will Hayes (Dad): I had two serious girlfriends... and then some other smattering of other women.
Maya Hayes (Daughter): What's the boy word for 'slut'?
Will Hayes(Dad): They still haven't come up with one yet. But I'm sure they're working on it.

*from the movie Definitely Maybe starring Ryan Reynold and Abigail Breslin*



LOL!!! him-slut maybe???


Will Hayes: Will you... um... marry me?
April: No. What do you mean, 'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda? *wow!*
Will Hayes: Oh! Oh, my God.
April: You should've got on your knee.
Will Hayes: Just shut up! Here - I wanna marry you because you're the first person I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight. Because the first time that I saw these hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. But mainly, when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do. So, will you, um, marry me? *pukes pukes* *awwww...*
April: Definitely. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home